Monday, January 12, 2009

Needing a little help!!

So the other day I received a E-mail from a neighbor of mine, who received a the E-mail from someone else and someone else and so on.
The original E-mail was sent from a woman in our neighborhood who I don't know, she had a son who was killed in a auto accident in October and of course was devastated. Who would'nt be.
See had run into our local dollar store here in Herriman to grab some little bags for a primary class. The owner of the store asked her where she had been lately.
Not wanting to tell him her sorrow she turned the conversation to him. His store was not doing well and were closing there doors in a few days. He was probably going to lose everything.
He poor ed out his heart to her and she could feel his pain.
She then told him of her loss and they both hugged and knew of each others pain.
Not even knowing this gentleman's name she went home and wrote up this e-mail retelling the story I just told you and asking anyone to just go to the dollar store and buy 5.00 to 20.00 dollars of anything to help this man out. Everything was half off a dollar!!!
Me and Kenadie on are way home last Thursday stop at the dollar store and loaded up a on anything we could find.
We went to the check out with all of 50 cent treasures and the owner was a the cash register.
While he was ringing us up, I told him that we were going to miss him and his store. He quietly told me thank you, and told me my total.
I touched his hand and looked him in the eyes and said I want you to know that I am here because of a e-mail I received from a neighbor. He looked at me and got tears in his eyes and said I am aware of that e-mail. I would like you to go home and reply to your original email and tell them of my gratitude and thank them with all my heart.
The woman next in line looked at him and said I'm here because of the same e-mail. He just shook his head and said THANK YOU....... He told us that his store as been very busy since the e-mail went out and he was very grateful for the support of total strangers!
When me and Kenni got in the car she said "That was cool Mom, we helped him out and got lots of cool things."
It just made me think that we don't know what someone is going through, but if we take the time to ask it can make a big difference :}

2 comments:

  1. Good job Lynnie!
    It is very true. you never know what other people are going through. If I was closer I would go, I love the dollar store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome experience and to have Kenadie there as well - very cool.
    It is amazing what can happen when we look outside of our own lives into the lives of others to see what we can do to help.

    ReplyDelete

Britt

Britt
Where does the Blonde hair and Blue eyes come from?????????

Shay

Shay
anyone need a MODEL ???

Sasha

Sasha
love the SMILE :)

Shay and Keni

Shay and Keni
Hey!!!!